10.14.2008

I Heart Milwaukee


Brady Street, originally uploaded by random letters.

So much to love about this city! The sun was shining, the leaves were changing and I was stuck indoors most of the time. I did have a little time to go for a morning walk along the lake, eat some Kopps custard and Sharzad falafel, and drink some Lakefront Beer.

When I posted this, I forgot to mention that we had a delicious meal from Amaranth Bakery & Cafe at 3329 W. Lisbon. Anyone from Milwaukee knows this is not exactly a thriving area of the city, and the owners wanted to start a business in order to offer healthy, affordable food in the neighborhood. They offer homemade bread, soup and salads in a cozy, comfortable space. Keep it up Amaranth!

Oh, the one place I didn't get to visit is the Northern Chocolate Co. Best chocolate in the U.S. - I have not doubt. And I can't help but love the owner. Next time . . .

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Amaranth, how I love you. Chocolate croissants, chocolate cherry scones, Alterra coffee in a white china cup . . .

    ReplyDelete