7.28.2009

Week of Words - Tuesday

I've run across some amazing poems and words of wisdom lately, so I thought I'd post one of them each day. The first come from Mother Theresa. (And, yes, I know I'm starting my Week of Words on a Tuesday. Oh well!)


Do It Anyway

Mother Teresa
1910-1997

People are often unreasonable,
illogical and self-centered;
Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind,
people may accuse you of selfish ulterior motives;
Be kind anyway.

If you are successful,
you will win some false friends and true enemies;
Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and frank,
people may cheat you;
Be honest anyway.

What you spend years building,
someone could destroy overnight;
Build anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness,
they may be jealous;
Be happy anyway.

The good you do today,
people will often forget tomorrow;
Do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have,
and it may never be enough;
Give the world the best you've got anyway.

You see, in the final analysis,
it is between you and God;
It was never between you and them anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment