11.24.2009

My Favorite Meal

I love, love, love Thanksgiving. I love the turkey and the sides and the desserts and the friends/family. It's about eating good food, but also about counting our blessings. Great combo.

Plus, we'll be spending Thanksgiving with new baby Greta this year!

We're splitting the Thanksgiving cooking between ten people this year (the two babies aren't required to make anything) so it should be a somewhat light lift for all. My mom and youngest sister are heading over tomorrow and are going to help me make Apple Cranberry Pie, Pumpkin Pie and Bourbon Sweet Potatoes. Plus, my sister is making a cheesecake pie.

The Bourbon Sweet Potatoes are from Martha Stewart's Everyday Food (Nov '09) but it doesn't look like the recipe is online.

The pumpkin pie is going to be made from a pumpkin my mom grew. Whoa!

And the Apple Cranberry pie was an inspiration I had a couple weeks ago. I found a recipe on the Cook's Illustrated Web site, but it's only available to subscribers.

I'll report back on all this, plus Pete's making Brussel Sprouts with Bacon and Apples.

Anyone making something particularly exciting?

Gobble, Gobble!

PS I made some delicious bread and squash soup this week. I'll try to post the recipe tonight, if I have time. But, I'll also be frantically cleaning my apartment in preparation for guests.

No comments:

Post a Comment