11.26.2008

The Day Before Thanksgiving


I thought this was a fitting breakfast for the day before Thanksgiving - pumpkin bread, Starbucks Thanksgiving Blend coffee and the Seattle Times (they had an article about how Costco will make 1 million pumpkin pies today!).


I'm driving to Spokane tomorrow, so my mom is doing most of the cooking. But, I'm planning on making cranberry sauce and this.


Oh, by the way, my friend Maggie tipped me off to the best pumpkin bread recipe: the one on the label of Libby's Canned Pumpkin! Who knew? I've included it below.


Pumpkin Bread


Ingredients

3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

1/4 t baking powder

2 t baking soda

1 1/2 t salt

1 t each nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon

1 1/2 cups each granulated sugar and packed brown sugar

1 cup oil

2 cups canned pumpkin

4 eggs

1 cup pecans


Directions

Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices. Add the sugars, mixing well.

Mix dry ingredients with the oil and pumpkin, stirring until well combined.

Add eggs, one at a time, blending thoroughly. Pour into 2 greased loaf pans.

Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes or until tester comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes. Remove from pans. Place on wire rack to cool.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving! Drive carefully and tell your family hello.

    ReplyDelete