Simple Tomato Soup
2 T olive oil
1 yellow onion diced
3 cloves garlic diced
1 28 oz. can whole tomatoes (I used Safeway Organic brand.)
1 13 oz. can tomato sauce (I used Safeway Organic brand.)
herbs: basil, thyme, oregano (whatever you have)
milk (I used organic whole milk)
- Saute onion and garlic in olive oil until onions are soft and transparent.
- Add tomatoes with juice and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil. Turn to low, cover and simmer for 20-45 minutes.
- Puree in blender or food processor.
- Add milk as desired. I like my soup to be a creamy tomato color, so added about a cup.
- Add salt, pepper, herbs and honey. (I added about a teaspoon of honey, just to see if I liked it. I couldn't really tell it was there.)