4.12.2010

What does a sick day look like?

Man, I've got something nasty that won't leave me alone. I've been home for three days trying to get rid of a cough and stuffy head, and cabin fever is starting to set in. I'm still feeling optimistic that I'll be able to recover in time for my birthday and New York. In the meantime, I've been relying on my sick day staples: Cream of Wheat, tea, and a mixture of lemon carbonated water with grapefruit juice.

I've also been making fruit smoothies: frozen strawberries, blueberries and mango combined with almond milk and strawberry kefir. It tastes really good, especially on a sore throat.

Wish me good health!

2 comments:

  1. My old family remedy is hot lemonade -- squeeze a fresh lemon, put juice into a mug, add boiling water, and stir in sugar to taste. Sip slowly and inhale the lemony steam! It might not cure you, but it feels sooooo therapeutic!
    Sending healing thoughts across the miles....

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, man, Katie! What a drag! These all sound like great remedies.

    I also recommend antibiotics, if it's something bacterial -- they were a big help for me last week!

    Rest rest rest! :)

    ReplyDelete