4.01.2010

National Poetry Month


Lonely Snowy Tree, originally uploaded by Ally Mac.

Is it just coincidence that I was born in National Poetry Month? I think not! I'll make a goal to seek out some new poetry this month (which shouldn't be too hard since I barely ever get around to reading it). Let's start the month with a poem shared with me by Pete's dad.

It really hit home and caused a physical response in me when I read it. I have to trust that like the wind, I'll find my way to the right place as well. But that's so hard sometimes!

Message to self: Let go. Let go and trust.

Trust
by Thomas R. Smith

It's like so many other things in life
to which you must say no or yes.
So you take your car to the new mechanic.
Sometimes the best thing to do is trust.

The package left with the disreputable-looking
clerk, the check gulped by the night deposit,
the envelope passed by dozens of strangers—
all show up at their intended destinations.

The theft that could have happened doesn't.
Wind finally gets where it was going
through the snowy trees, and the river, even
when frozen, arrives at the right place.

And sometimes you sense how faithfully your life
is delivered, even though you can't read the address.



(Thanks Ken!)

No comments:

Post a Comment