9.21.2008

Beer. Yum.

Fremont Oktoberfest over here in Seattle was a little overcrowded and under-warm. But, at least it wasn't raining while I was there. I discovered a few new beers and breweries that are worth sharing.

Iron Horse Brewery - Ellensburg, WA
I had to support a brewery from Eastern WA! I tried the Iron Horse IPA - kind of a dark, burnt IPA. I also tried a sip of the High Five Hefe, which was very light and a little sweet. Both very interesting takes on popular beer types. I think I'll try to hunt this brewery down in Ellensburg sometime.




OK, I don't even really like Porters - unless they taste like coffee! And the Pipeline Porter does just that. It uses (what else?) Kona coffee and has a little bit of sweetness.

I found another Porter I actually liked - Purple Yam Porter! (Maybe I really do like Porter and I just never knew. I feel like I've been living a lie!) Anyway, this Porter was also delicious - sweet and kind of complex. They also have a Ginger Pale Ale and Mango Weizen that sounded interesting. In Seattle, it's sold at Whole Foods, Uwajimaya and Top Foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment