9.13.2008

A Sunny September Weekend

I think we all feel like the wolf is at the door*, and these sunny days will soon turn into cool, gray, misty fall. But might I suggest a few pleasant ways to maximize a sunny weekend.

Visit the Farmers Market


Lots of strawberries at the University Farms Market this weekend!

Fall is coming! How do I know? Pumpkins!



Go for a Hike

Why in the world would anyone take Swamp Trail? We went up Tiger Mountain.





Do the Puyallup Fair!




Bunnies!


Cows. Moo.

I mean, really? So cute.

Lemon Meringue. Pecan. Yum.


This guy shot out of the rocket. Pretty cool. I'd kind of like to do it too.

I'm not condoning smoking, but I thought the chainsaw carvers were pretty cool.


OK, and just for fun:

*I heard a story on NPR about MFK Fisher's book "How to Cook a Wolf," about how to make fresh, creative food during the time of World War II rations. She sounds like a pretty forward, feisty lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment